TORCHWOOD - MIRACLE DAY SEASON 4 (14-7-2011)

Alles over de serie Torchwood.

Moderator: Felix Torchwood

saint mark
Companion

TORCHWOOD - MIRACLE DAY SEASON 4 (14-7-2011)

Bericht door saint mark » 08 jun 2010, 11:24

The BBC have announced that a new series of Torchwood will be produced by the BBC Wales, BBC Worldwide, and US network Starz Entertainment.

The series will see John Barrowman and Eve Myles reprise their roles of Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen, and will comprise of ten episodes overseen by series creator Russell T Davies. Other former cast members (like Gwen's husband Rhys played by Kai Owen) have yet to be confirmed, but new faces will appear in the team, with adventures taking place around the world.

Says Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning:
We have a long history of working with many U.S. networks but it is incredibly exciting to be working with Starz for the first time, as well as to be reunited with the best of British in Russell, Jane and Julie. Torchwood will burst back onto the screen with a shocking and moving story with global stakes and locations that will make it feel bigger and bolder than ever.

Jane Tranter, EVP, BBC Worldwide Productions:
Torchwood has attracted remarkable attention and loyalty in both the UK and U.S., and in this new partnership with Starz, the next chapter will not only reward our current fans, but also introduce new viewers to the most impressive instalment yet.

Chris Albrecht, LLC, President and CEO of Starz:
We're committed to programming exceptional television that is entertaining, imaginative and provides a premium TV experience, and by any measure the new concept for Torchwood fits that mandate. I've been part of successful partnerships with Jane Tranter and the BBC previously, and I'm very much looking forward to working with them again.
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Albrecht added:
It was too good an opportunity to pass up. Each season of the show, the show has evolved and "The Children of Earth" was terrific as evident in it was just named a Television Critics Press Awards nominee. I'm interested in doing sci-fi and what I like a lot about "Torchwood" is it's a very classic sci-fi entry. It's all about the story, it's not about big effects. I thought "Children of Earth" evolved the franchise to a place where it could continue to evolve on pay TV with an American partner that could bring more production resources.

At the end of "Children of Earth" Torchwood was destroyed, so when we pick up in our world the need for Torchwood arises again. A lot of this story takes place in the U.S. as well with several characters that are in the U.S. intelligence forces and end up teaming up with Gwen and Captain Jack to deal with the situation at hand.

The Hollywood Reporter also spoke to Russell T Davies:
It's very much the next step. It's not a new version, it's not a reboot. We're simply moving countries. The show was previously a format show -- monster of the week. The breakthrough was "Children of Earth" and that it became one long story. It's not going to be 'Lost' and take 20 years to find out what's going on. It's going to have a most remarkable conclusion after 10 episodes.

We're simply going to tell a good story. I wrote the pilot 7 months ago irregardless of network. BBC1 is a prime-time channel, but a brave channel. I don't worry about content.

No date for production and eventual broadcast for the series has been announced, though some media sources have suggested it premiering during Summer 2011.
Laatst gewijzigd door saint mark op 28 jun 2011, 00:29, 4 keer totaal gewijzigd.

saint mark
Companion

Bericht door saint mark » 08 jun 2010, 11:27

Goed nieuws voor volgend jaar, meer Who gerelateerd materiaal. Ongetwijfeld zal DW geen rol spelen in de nieuwe serie aangezien de BBC zijn vlaggeschip voor zichzelf wilt houden.

Dus volgend jaar DW series 6, SJA series 5 & TW series 4

Blaidd Drwg
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blaidd Drwg » 08 jun 2010, 13:34

saint mark schreef:Dus volgend jaar DW series 6, SJA series 5 & TW series 4
Goed nieuws en een druk jaar.......
"The quotes are over, Doctor!" (Scorby in Seeds of Doom)

Heather
UNIT-member

Bericht door Heather » 08 jun 2010, 13:50

Alleen jammer dat het in de U.S speelt, maar misschien is dat ook wel heel leuk. We zullen het zien.

Alies
Companion

Bericht door Alies » 08 jun 2010, 13:56

Mijn eerste gedachte was ook: jammer dat het in de US is.
Maar je kunt niet eerder oordelen dan dat je er iets van gezien hebt. Daarbij blijft gewoon groot deel van de mensen die eraan werken Brit.
The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinnin' at 1,000 miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtlin' 'round the Sun at 67,000 miles an hour and I can feel it. We're fallin' through space, you and me, clingin to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...

Mijn tekeningen zijn te vinden op: https://www.facebook.com/eurasiasart

saint mark
Companion

Bericht door saint mark » 08 jun 2010, 14:02

Volgens SFX

Torchwood Returns
And it

Spiritmuse
UNIT-member

Bericht door Spiritmuse » 08 jun 2010, 16:49

Yay de Jack & Gwen Show is terug...
"This is my Timey-Wimey Detector. Goes "ding" when there's stuff." -10
"Do I just have a face that nobody listens to?!" -11

Niek
Companion

Bericht door Niek » 08 jun 2010, 19:16

Ik dacht dat ze voor de US een andere Torchwood wilde maken dan voor de UK. Dus een S1 voor de US en een S4 voor de UK. Verkeerd begrepen? Wellicht was het mijn eigen wens.

Tyrus

Bericht door Tyrus » 09 jun 2010, 12:08

Toch altijd spannend... Amerikanen weten er toch wel eens een ramp van te maken wanneer ze iets Brits gaan produceren. (persoonlijk vond ik de Dr who film uit 1996 niet echt een genot)

Torchwood was erg leuk, maar wel jammer dat de halve cast is uitgeroeid. Ben ik verder de enige die niet echt vrolijk wordt van Jack Barrowman's acteerwerk trouwens? Het komt altijd zo onnatuurlijk over op me...

ishara

Bericht door ishara » 09 jun 2010, 14:50

Ben benieuwd wat het wordt. Jack zal in elk geval dus van de partij zijn (er waren mensen die dachten dat dat niet zo zou zijn).

Tyrus, ik ben het met je eens dat Barrowman niet echt de grootste acteur ter wereld is. Nou spreken veel Amerikanen erg vlak, dus dat moet je wel meerekenen. Ik vond hem als Capt Jack erg leuk, vooral door zijn uitstraling. In de hoorspelen en in een audioboek vond ik hem erg zwak.

Tyrus

Bericht door Tyrus » 10 jun 2010, 00:15

Vooral zijn dramatische blik vond ik altijd meer er een van iemand die ineens ontdekt dat er nog wat eten in zijn holle kies zit...

Maar toch was het karakter erg gaaf en dat wist hij wel sterk neer te zetten.

saint mark
Companion

Bericht door saint mark » 15 jul 2010, 17:40

Torchwood 4 characters revealed
Thursday, July 15, 2010 - Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello has published details on some of the main characters that will appear in the new series of Torchwood:

I

saint mark
Companion

TORCHWOOD SEASON 4 UPDATE

Bericht door saint mark » 09 nov 2010, 23:38

Russell T Davies and Julie Gardner recently discussed developments for the new series of Torchwood with online media site Collider, during which some new details emerged about the potential setting for the series:

Julie Gardner: We have some U.K. settings and stories, and then a lot of it moves to America. That

saint mark
Companion

Bericht door saint mark » 22 dec 2010, 20:56

John Barrowman has told The Scottish Sun that the BBC and the Starz Network are planning to make seven years of Torchwood.

Barrowman, who is currently appearing in Aladdin at Glasgow's Clyde Auditorium told the paper:

I have turned down a load of other shows to make Torchwood. We'll be filming it in LA as it's now a collaboration between the BBC and the Starz Network in America. They're planning to make it for the next seven years. So I'll be spending six months a year in Hollywood and six back in the UK.

Torchwood: The New World is currently in production for transmission in the summer of 2011.

Alies
Companion

Bericht door Alies » 23 dec 2010, 00:41

Hmm... Beetje voorbarig om nu al over 7 jaar Torchwood te lopen schreeuwen? Laat ze eerst maar eens zien dat het samenwerken met de VS goed uit de verf komt.
The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinnin' at 1,000 miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtlin' 'round the Sun at 67,000 miles an hour and I can feel it. We're fallin' through space, you and me, clingin to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...

Mijn tekeningen zijn te vinden op: https://www.facebook.com/eurasiasart

Plaats reactie